A Helping Hand
Robyne’s Nest provides resources, funds and support to our at-risk & homeless high school students in the Huntington Beach High School District. Our organization was started to help homeless high school students who have been abandoned, kicked out or are just being neglected by their parents/guardians. We also help those students, whose parents are simply unable to provide for them. These students, despite their difficult and unfavorable circumstances, continue to want to go to school. They don’t drop out, turn to drugs or criminal activity. They want to be part of something and to be helped, however, they generally don’t ask for help. The schools are struggling to help these kids stay alive, thrive and finish school as a result of very limited resources. Robyne’s Nest is working to provide resources, funds, and extra manpower to help these students and educators bridge the gaps.
With so many reactive agencies in our communities trying to “fix” our broken adults, we are being proactive by focusing on the maturing teen and helping them get on a good, strong path to become self-sustaining, productive members of our community. It starts here… now, in these formative teenage years. Without the guidance, assistance and basic necessities to thrive and learn, they will only continue to struggle.
What are we offering to help our students?
- A place to make meaningful relationships with caring adults
- Provide funds for breakfast/lunch/after-school snacks/dinner meal options on daily basis
- Provide clothing and toiletries as needed
- Provide education assistance including tutoring, testing fees, supplies
- Provide transportation (bikes/bus passes/skateboards/helmets) as needed
- Guidance/support to find housing/jobs.
- Life-skills classes (ie, banking, taxes, insurances, etc)
- Referral services for available programs throughout the community
Elementary & Middle School
- Emergency funds for food and clothing until appropriate arrangements can be made for the situation.
- Help schools provide for families as a whole when needed (ie., holiday time, emergency situations)